Expert water damage repair & restoration services in Lee’s Summit
Water damage is always alarming, whether it’s a minor leak, flooded basement, or mold buildup. It’s essential to seek immediate help from professional water damage repair and restoration services to control the severity of the damage. Water can quickly seep into the walls and ceilings, causing severe damage to the foundation and structure of homes. There are chances of electrocution, too, if the water comes in contact with electrical appliances. In addition, mold growth from water damage can cause asthma, sinus congestion, coughs, skin allergies, and infections.
At Lee’s Summit Restoration, we connect you with local water damage and restoration experts. Call us today for immediate solutions!
Discover the ultimate solution for water damage restoration and repair
Most people think water damage repair and restoration are the same processes. However, they are quite different from each other in reality. Water damage restoration is the process of extracting water from homes. In contrast, water damage repair is the process of repairing damaged furniture items and belongings. Water damage repair also includes the reconstruction of basements, structures, and foundations.
Here’s a list of some water damage services people commonly opt for:
- Water elimination and drying
- Mold remediation
- Basement and foundation construction or repair
- Appliances repair
- Carpets, rugs, and furniture repair or removal
- Areas of Home Commonly Affected By Water Damage
Water damage can occur in any area in your home. Still, some areas are more affected than others. Here’s a list of areas more prone to severe water damage:
Since basements are closer to the ground, they are more prone to water damage from floods, rainstorms, and other conditions. Sometimes faulty sump pumps, washing machines, and water heaters also lead to water damage in basements.
Bathrooms and Kitchens
Since bathrooms and kitchens are full of fixtures and water appliances, these two areas are more susceptible to water damage.
Water damage can majorly affect the exterior areas of your home, like patios, gardens, and backyards. The main causes are natural conditions like heavy rain, floods, and hurricanes.
Attics are more prone to water damage from natural disasters because of being at the top of the houses.
Get in Touch With Us
Contact Lee's Summit Restoration today, please give us a call or complete our contact form! We will be more than happy to discuss your Water Damage concerns and help you find the solution.
Uncovering the hidden threat: understanding water damage mold
Did you know mold and mildew growth in your house can begin within 24 hours after water damage? Yes, that’s true. The most commonly attacked areas by mold are ceilings, wooden furniture, drywall, carpets, and roofs.
Besides being visibly upsetting, water damage mold comes with the following health risks:
- Skin infections, allergies, and irritation
- Respiratory problems like sinus congestion, asthma, sneezing, and coughing
- Throat and eye infections
- Headaches and migraines
How to identify mold?
Mold spores remain unnoticed for a long time. However, it’s essential to detect mold in time before it becomes a problem. Here are some common signs to identify mold growth in your home:
Discoloration of walls
- A musty and foul odor around the house
- Excess moisture and humidity in the air
- Residents facing respiratory problems and skin irritation
- Green, gray, black, or yellow spots and spores on walls, floors, ceilings, and furniture items
Discover the signs: tips for identifying mold
Mold growth around the house is a hazardous situation. Here are a few tips for identifying mold quickly and taking steps to remove it:
- Brown, gray, black, green, or yellow spots on walls, floors, ceilings, and furniture items
- Extreme humidity inside the house
- An unpleasant odor in the house
- Worn-out rugs, carpets, and furniture items
- Discoloration of walls
Types of water damage mold
Water damage can begin different types of mold growths, such as:
- Alternia: A brown or dark green mold commonly present around water appliances and fixtures.
- Aspergillus: A gray or brown mold commonly growing on dry surfaces.
- Cladosporium: An olive green or brown-colored mold commonly growing on wooden furniture and carpets.
- Stachybotrys: This black mold is the most dangerous and toxic type. Its growth can lead to several health conditions like nosebleeds, migraines, brain fog, and vomiting.
Basement flood prevention and repair
Basements are more prone to water damage and flooding because of being lower than ground level. Water from pipe bursts and natural disasters can easily enter basements through doors and windows. Basement flooding is no joke. Apart from damaging the foundation of homes, it can also damage electric appliances and cause electrocution. You need to call professional water damage experts asap in case of basement flooding.
Here are some common causes of floods in basements:
- Frozen pipes, pipe leaks, and pipe bursts
- Clogged drains
- Heavy rains, flash floods, and hurricanes
- Poor sewer system
- Plumbing leaks
Prevent basement flooding: expert tips & solutions
- Basements can flood at any time. Still, you can take the following measure to prevent the disastrous situation:
- Clean the gutters and drains regularly to remove clogs
- Maintain and repair your sump pumps on time
- Seal the doors and windows properly with a waterproof sealant
- Frequently clean and maintain the electric appliances in basements. For example, water heaters and washing machines
How to repair basement flooding?
If you see your basement flooding, call us ASAP instead of panicking. Our network team will be at your doorstep in no time to restore and repair your basement. They use high-grade pumps and drying equipment to extract and eliminate the water quickly. Do you know what the best part is? They will clean and sanitize everything in the end, leaving your basement the same as before.
Protect your home from ceiling water damage today
Ceilings are truly one of the most important aesthetic elements for every home. However, seeing the ceilings losing their beauty because of water damage is heartbreaking for every homeowner.
Besides destroying the appearance, ignored and prolonged water damage can also make the ceilings collapse. Crown-molded, plaster and drop-tile ceilings are more susceptible to water damage because of their delicacy.
Here are the common signs to identify ceiling water damage:
- Damp spots and patches
- Flaking paint
- Mold growth
- Causes of Ceiling Water Damage
- Here are the most common causes leading to ceiling water damage:
- Blocked gutters and drains
Prevent ceiling water damage: essential tips and solutions
Here are a few prevention tips to save your precious ceilings from the wrath of water damage from plumbing malfunctions:
- Detect and repair pipe leaks and frozen pipes immediately
- Clean the gutters and drains regularly
If you experience ceiling water damage even after the preventive steps, contact professional services for immediate repairs.
Call us for expert water damage repair and restoration services
Don’t risk further damage or waste time searching for the right water damage repair professionals. Trust our referral service to take care of everything for you. Get in touch with us today and let us help you get your life back on track!